MeSH Database (continued)
Go to the MeSH Database from the PubMed home page or the database selection menu above the search box. [Show Me]
To search for a term in the MeSH Database, enter the term in the search box and click Search. [Show Me]
- The Summary display may include a definition of the concept after the MeSH heading. [Show Me]
- The Full display includes more information about the MeSH term including: [Show Me]
- the year the term was introduced
- subheadings selections [Show Me]
- The subheading list includes those paired at least once with the heading in MEDLINE and may not reflect current rules for allowable combinations.
- Click on the Subheadings link to see a list of subheading definitions.
- a checkbox to restrict the term to the MeSH Major Topic and a checkbox to not include MeSH terms found below this term in the MeSH hierarchy (i.e., turn off MeSH explosions). [Show Me]
- Entry Terms (synonyms) are provided.[Show Me]
- The MeSH tree structure with the browsed term in bold typeface.[Show Me]