Related Sources for Searching For Systematic Reviews
Return to PubMed
- A primary resource used in the development of a strategy to retrieve systematic reviews with PubMed was the work done by Shojania KG, Bero LA. Taking advantage of the explosion of systematic reviews: an efficient MEDLINE search strategy. Eff Clin Pract. 2001 Jul-Aug;4(4):157-62. [PMID: 11525102].
- Other sources that suggest strategies on this topic:
- Montori VM, Wilczynski NL, Morgan D, Haynes RB; Hedges Team. Optimal search strategies for retrieving systematic reviews from Medline: analytical survey. BMJ. 2005 Jan 8;330(7482):68. Epub 2004 Dec 24. PMID: 15619601
- Boynton J, Glanville J, McDaid D, Lefebvre C. Identifying systematic reviews in MEDLINE: developing an objective approach to search strategy design. J Inf Sci. 1998;24:137-157.
- Hunt DL, McKibbon KA. Locating and appraising systematic reviews. Ann Intern Med. 1997 Apr 1;126(7):532-8. [PMID: 9092319]
- Haynes RB, Wilczynski N, McKibbon KA, Walker CJ, Sinclair JC. Developing optimal search strategies for detecting clinically sound studies in MEDLINE. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 1994 Nov-Dec;1(6):447-58. [PMID: 7850570]
PubMed Subset Strategies Page
BSD Home Page