Document Type Definitions (DTDs) for NLM Databases
The purpose of a DTD (Document Type Definition) is to define the building blocks of an XML document. It defines the document structure with a list of allowable elements. Below are the DTDs that define NLM's XML data.
DTDs for NLM's Leased Databases
- NLMMedlineCitationSet DTD (01/01/14)
NLM Catalog DTD:
- NLMCatalogRecordSet DTD (01/01/14)
- NLM CCRIS DTD (02/26/04)
- NLM ChemIDplus Subset DTD (04/28/05)
- NLM DIRLINE® DTD (02/26/04)
- NLM GENE-TOX DTD (02/11/02)
- NLM HSDB® DTD (04/12/04)
- NLM TOXLINE® Subset DTD (03/29/02)
See also the Entrez DTDs.
DTDs for Data Supporting NLM's Leased Databases
List of Serials Indexed for Online Users (LSIOU)
- 2014 NLM Serials DTD (01/01/14)
- 2014 MeSH Descriptor DTD - used for MeSH Vocabulary, companion database to MEDLINE/PubMed
- 2014 MeSH Qualifier DTD
- 2014 MeSH SCR DTD
For more information, see the MeSH Download page.