DOCLINE® 1.3 Release Notes (September 29, 2001)
- Search Results Display: The "Institution list" display format was changed to indicate "library status" for closed, demonstration, inactive, and non-DOCLINE participant libraries.
- Search Results Display: The "ILL Information" display format now includes delivery method information for each displayed institution.
- Search: The Only If: limits were modified to split "Email (PDF)" and "Email (TIFF)" into separate searches. New delivery methods "Web (PDF)" and "Web (TIFF)" were also added to the search options.
- Search: The Only If: search on email delivery was modified so that only libraries who indicate Send by email will be retrieved rather than either Receive or Send by email.
- Modified the display of Delivery Methods page to accommodate new delivery methods of "Web (PDF)" and "Web (TIFF)."
- Batch Update Authorization and Batch Update Date fields were added to allow users to indicate what method of Batch Update, if any, NLM will be authorized to perform.
NOTE: SERHOLD Batch Update capabilities are not available with this release, but will be provided in later releases of DOCLINE.
- "Internet" was removed as a delivery method from the Loansome Doc registration and the Loansome Doc Send Orders screen. The corresponding "Internet address" field was also removed.
- New delivery methods "Web (PDF)" and "Web (TIFF)" were added to the drop-down list for Delivery Method under Delivery Information on the Loansome Doc Registration and Send Orders screens.
Borrow (Requests)The following new features were added
The following changes were made
- The ability to resubmit retired requests without reentering data. Resubmit is available from the link for retired unfilled messages on the DOCLINE HOME Page or from Status/Cancel.
- ISSN and ISBN fields are now included in the Manual Borrow Citation Input screen.
- "Web (PDF)" and "Web (TIFF)" as delivery methods for requests.
- The ability for user to indicate if a Manual request is for a monograph or a journal.
- The ability to select and deselect all cells on the Routing Instructions page.
- All bibliographic fields were made "Display Only" when a request is generated via LocatorPlus. Users cannot alter the text of any bibliographic field.
- LIBIDs entered on the M/A/N map will be validated to prevent sending a request to any institution that is closed, is not a DOCLINE participant, is temporarily inactive, or is a demonstration library. All LIBIDs are checked against a current table of valid LIBIDs.
- ISSN was added to the Process PubMed Orders page.
- UFR (Unidentified format for Routing) was removed from rejection reasons.
- LIBIDs which display in the Status/Cancel Borrow search results page now link to the ILL Information display results page or to the complete DOCUSER record.
- Requests will be immediately receipted when users select the "requests awaiting receipt" link from the DOCLINE Home Page or when they select Receipt from the DOCLINE menu. A message indicating how many requests were receipted is displayed and users must click "OK" to print.
- The button frame no longer prints on a separate page when using Internet Explorer 5.5.
- A "Print/Download Receipt" window was created to resolve difficulties with printing requests from Netscape and saving ACSII text files in Internet Explorer.
- Library Status information was added to the SERHOLD screens to indicate which libraries are inactive, closed, or for demonstration only.
NOTE: The Region Code was removed from the SERHOLD Record display screen to make room for the library status information.
- A link to the DOCUSER record was added from the SERHOLD Record Display screen.
- The OCLC ID was added to the "Select Report Fields" option list for Individual Holdings by Library report.
- The Title Abbreviation was added to the "Select Report Fields" option list for Individual Holdings by Library report.
- Help screens were added or modified for all new features or changes to DOCLINE 1.3.
- Accommodations were made to many parts of the system to comply with the Priority 1 Section 508 standards of the Rehabilitation Act of 1998.