History of Medicine
Images from the History of Medicine (IHM)
IHM Basics | Searching | Browsing | Image Information and Viewing Options | The Workspace | Printing and Downloading Images | Media Groups | Ordering Images and Finding Copyright Information | Technical Information
- IHM Basics
- What is IHM?
- How do I connect to IHM?
- How do I use IHM?
- Is there bibliographic information in IHM?
- Am I required to register in IHM?
- Why should I register in IHM?
- How do I register and create a user account?
- How do I change my password?
- What happens if I forget my password?
- How do I change my user settings once I am registered?
- What are the main menu options?
- I want to return to the previous page. Where is the back button on IHM?
- How do I search for an order number?
- How do I conduct a keyword search?
- How do I conduct a wildcard search?
- How do I use Advanced Search?
- How do I search for images in the public domain?
- How do I search for words that contain special characters, such as accent marks, ampersands, apostrophes, parentheses, etc.?
- How do I search by date?
- How can I sort images in my retrieval set?
- How do I search by language?
- What is the the Search IHM Images and Text option that I see above the Search IHM box?
- How do I browse thumbnail images in IHM?
- How do I navigate the Browse All page?
- How do I narrow my search on the Browse All page?
- What else can I do from the Browse All page?
- What is meant by Browse Categories?
- What does each Browse Category represent?
- How do I navigate the Browse Categories page?
Image Information and Viewing Options
- How can I change the number of thumbnail images per page?
- How can I resize thumbnail images?
- How can I make large thumbnail images larger for detail viewing?
- How do I add annotations to an image in Detail View?
- What are my options for viewing images?
- What information is available about an image?
- What does the resolution size number mean in the record?
- What is the Workspace?
- How do I add an image to my Workspace?
- How do I know that an image has been successfully added to my Workspace?
- Why do I only see one image at a time in my Workspace even though I added several?
- How do I manipulate the images in my Workspace?
Printing and Downloading Images
- How do I print my search results?
- I don't see a Printer Friendly link on the page. What do I do?
- How do I download a JPEG file?
- After I downloaded the image I discovered it was a zip file. What is this and how do I open the image?
- I tried to print from my browser window or by right mouse clicking and all I got was a black box or my data was not clear. What happened?
- Where can I find information on the size of the image if I don't have Adobe® Photoshop® or other imaging software?
- How can I use the images that I download?
- What is a Media Group?
- How do I create a Media Group?
- How do I add images to my Media Group?
- How do I work with a Media Group?
- Can others view my Media Group?
- How do I use my Media Group in a PowerPoint® presentation?
- How do I share my Media Group with others?
Ordering Images and Finding Copyright Information
- How do I obtain high resolution (TIFF) images for print publication?
- How do I locate copyright information for an image?
- I want to use an image for a research paper. Do I need to obtain permission from the Library?
- I’m publishing an image from IHM. Do I need to give credit to the Library?
- Does the Library charge fees for using images? Technical Information
- What browsers support IHM?
- What are the system requirements for using IHM?
- How do I report an error I found on IHM?