Recovery Priority during the first 24-48 hours:
- Dry items immediately. (If there are too many sheets to dry within 24 hours, then freeze them.) If coated papers are allowed to dry in contact with one another, they will fuse together.
- Place freezer or wax paper between single items.
- Cover papers with plastic to prevent partial drying until they can be frozen or salvaged.
- Do not tightly compress books or single sheets.
- Do not attempt to unfold, unroll, or separate pages or individual sheets if there is any resistance.
- Use extra caution with large sheets; wet paper is easily torn. Support with screens or polyester webbing.