Recovery Priority during the first 24-48 hours:
- Dry the materials immediately. (If there are too many sheets to dry within 24 hours, then freeze them).
- The amount of media that will bleed and run increases with the degree of wetness, time, and contact with other materials.
- Do not blot or tightly compress items.
- Do not use absorbent interleaving as it will aid the transfer of inks.
- Handle soaked or thin papers with caution, use support screens or polyester webbing as needed.
- Use extra caution with large objects; wet paper is easily torn. Support with screens or polyester webbing.