Recovery Priority during the first 24-48 hours:
- Leave dry items as they are; do not remove their plastic enclosures, but wipe off any water on the outside.
- To remove plastic from wet or damp items prior to drying:
- Slit sealed edges and carefully peel back top plastic sheet at a sharp angle. Stop if the item starts to tear or resists peeling.
- If the top sheet cannot be removed without causing damage: slit sides, squeeze out excess water, and lift top sheet at edges to allow air entry. Gently attempt to remove the top sheet as the item dries.
- Leave bottom sheet as a support for the item during handling.
- Use extra caution with large objects; wet paper is easily torn. Support with screens or polyester webbing.