Recovery Priority during the first 24-48 hours:
- Dry the items immediately. (If there are too many sheets to dry within 24 hours, then freeze them). The amount of media that will bleed and run increases with the degree of wetness, time, and contact with other materials.
- Place freezer or wax paper between book pages and single sheets.
- Do not use absorbent sheets (e.g. paper towels).
- Do not over-stress bindings by inserting too many non-absorbent sheets into a book, or by inserting it too deep into the binding.
- Do not tightly compress books or single sheets.
- Use extra caution with large objects; wet paper is easily torn. Support with screens or polyester webbing.