National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR)
Serving the Information Needs of the Health Services Research Community
HSR General Resources
- Data, Tools and Statistics
- HSR Social Media Resources
- Education and Training
- Grants, Funding and Fellowships
- Guidelines, Journals Other Publications
- Key Organizations
- Meetings and Conferences
- State and State/Local Resources
- Aging Population Issues
- Community Benefit / Community Needs Assessment NEW
- Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER)
- Child Health Services Research
- Evaluation Resources for Assessing HIT Systems and HIT Implementation, Adoption and Use
- Dissemination and Implementation Science
- Evidence-Based Practice and Health Technology Assessment
- Health Care Reform, Health Economics, and Health Policy
- Health Disparities
- Health Informatics
- Health Literacy and Cultural Competence
- Privacy/Security and Research with Electronic Health Records
- Public Health Services and Systems Research
- Rural Health
A to Z Index
All Web sites in alphabetic order
- Kaiser Daily Health Policy Reports on Comparative Effectiveness Research - Links to various Kaiser Daily Health Policy Reports that are CER-related.
- Kaiser Family Foundation Twitter Feed - Follow the Kaiser Family Foundation on Twitter to get daily updates on the latest facts, figures, polling information and analysis on health policy issues and health reform implementation.
- Kaiser Family Foundation's State Health Facts Online - Provides free, up-to-date, and easy-to-use health data on all 50 states with data on health status, health coverage and uninsured, and more than other 700 health topics.
- Kaiser Family Foundation: Health Reform - KFF's website devoted to health care reform.
- Kaiser Global Health - Designed to serve as a resource for those working on global health policy issues, reporting on global health for the news media, or conducting research more broadly. Prepared and maintained by the Kaiser Family Foundation, it provides an edited compilation of definitions of key terms in global health. It is based on multiple source documents and Kaiser Family Foundation products, and several reference links are provided at the end of this resource.
- Kaiser Health News -Quality - Nonprofit news organization committed to in-depth coverage of health care policy and politics. Link to articles that focus on quality.
- Kaiser Permanente and UCSF Add Substantial Genetic, Health Information to NIH Online Database - The Genetic Epidemiology Research on Adult Health and Aging (GERA) cohort has donated data on 78,000 people to the database of Genotypes and Phenotypes of the National Institutes of Health.
- Kaiser Permanente: Division of Research/Comparative Effectiveness Research - Access current studies and publications.
- Kaiser Slides - This is a health policy resource featuring "Kaiser Slides"- a tool providing direct access to facts, data and slides about the nation's health care system and programs.
- Kaiser State Health Facts - Provides health data on more than 700 health topics including demographics, health insurance coverage, health costs, minority health, and women's health for all 50 states.
- Kaiser Tracking Polls - A regular series of poll results on health-related topics is provided. The polls look at health information of current concern to Americans.
- Kaiser's Monthly Update on Health Disparities - This free, monthly update synthesizes news coverage from hundreds of print and broadcast news sources related to health and health care issues affecting underserved and racial and ethnic communities. The update also summarizes recent journal articles and other research developments in the field and features a data slide from a relevant Kaiser Family Foundation publication.
- Kaiser.edu Tutorials & Presentations - These tutorials are multimedia presentations on health policy issues, research methodology or the workings of government.
- KaiserFoundation YouTube Channel - A series of videos on topics including health reform, health costs, and Medicare are available
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment - Its vision is healthy Kansans living in safe and sustainable environments.
- Keeping Health Information Private and Secure: New Initiatives and Tools - This presentation, from the 2012 ONC Annual Meeting, held on December 12, 2012, outlines information related to security breaches, privacy practices, and security audits.
- Keeping it REaL: An Analysis of Health Care Quality Among Priority Patient Populations - This webinar was held May 30, 2012, 1:00 p.m. EST.
- Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services: Surveillance and Health Data - Link to data warehouse.
- Key Considerations for Health Information Organizations Supporting Meaningful Use Stage 2 Patient Electronic Access Measures - This guide was developed to assist Health Information Exchange Organizations in the implementation of patient electronic access measures in Stage 2 Meaningful Use.
- Key Facts about the Uninsured Population - Kaiser presents a statistical picture of the uninsured in the U.S.
- Key Indicator Systems: Experiences of Other National and Subnational Systems Offer Insights for the United States - This March 2011 report report concludes that key indicator systems are used for multiple purposes and cites "increasing transparency and public awareness; fostering civic engagement and collaboration; and monitoring progress, aiding decision making, and promoting accountability" among the uses of the systems studied. For example, the study found that many systems, particularly ones that have a local focus, incorporate public input in identifying goals and priorities, which in turn influence indicator selection. Systems may facilitate conversations among diverse members of a community about ways to address problems, and may identify problems that were previously unrecognized.
- Key Issues in State Implementation of the New and Expanded Home and Community-Based Services Options Available Under the Affordable Care Act - This issue brief presents the results of a July 16, 2013 roundtable on home and community-based services for Medicaid beneficiaries.
- Key Resources in Health Economics - Links to a PDF core list of materials (books, journals, websites and bibliographic databases) and a desired list of books and journals in the field of health economics. The lists are primarily geared to individuals who are new to the field or unfamiliar with the various resources on health economics and need to acquire and/or access publications, databases, and websites in the health economics domain.
- Kibbe & Klepper on Health Care Blog - Blog by Drs. Kibbe and Klepper covering various issues related to health care (i.e., health IT standards, health care markets, technology, etc.) Link to blog archives.
- KidsData - This website provides access to statistical data about the health and well being of children across California. The site offers data for every city, county, and school district in the state.
- Knowing What Works in Health Care: A Roadmap for the Nation - Looks at the three fundamental health care issues in the United States--setting priorities for evidence assessment, assessing evidence (systematic review), and developing evidence-based clinical practice guidelines--and how each of these contributes to the end goal of effective, practical health care systems. Also links to podcast.
- Knowledge Translation (KT+) - KT+ provides access to articles on the current evidence on knowledge translation including articles on quality improvement, continuing medical education, computerized clinical decision support, health services research and patient adherence. Its purpose is to inform those working in the knowledge translation area of current research as it is published.