National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR)
HSR General Resources
- Data, Tools and Statistics
- HSR Social Media Resources
- Education and Training
- Grants, Funding and Fellowships
- Guidelines, Journals Other Publications
- Key Organizations
- Meetings and Conferences
- State Resources
- Aging Population Issues
- Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER)
- Child Health Services Research
- Dissemination and Implementation Science
- Evidence-Based Practice and Health Technology Assessment
- Health Care Reform, Health Economics, and Health Policy
- Health Disparities
- Health Informatics
- Privacy/Security and Research with Electronic Health Records New
- Public Health Services and Systems Research
- Rural Health
A to Z Index
All Web sites in alphabetic order
- Laboratory Quality Assurance and Standardization Programs - Given the importance of laboratory test results, the CDC has programs to help assure the quality of these data so patients and healthcare providers (as well as researchers and public health officials) can be confident that laboratory test results they receive are accurate.
- Large Research Projects for Prevention and Management of Healthcare-Associated Infections (R01)
- LawAtlas: Policy Surveillance Portal - This is a gateway to key laws aimed at improving our health or access to health care. It includes interactive maps, policy surveillance reports, and downloadable data.
- Laying the IT Foundation for 2014: Developing Infrastructure for Improved Eligibility and Enrollment Systems - In a set of slides from a webinar held on December 19, 2011, the issues surrounding technology implementation needed to support health insurance exchanges as they determine eligibility and enroll consumers in coverage.
- Leadership Council of Aging Organizations
- Leading Health Indicators - Healthy People 2020 provides a comprehensive set of 10-year, national goals and objectives for improving the health of all Americans.
- LeadingAge - The LeadingAge community includes U.S. not-for-profit organizations, state partners, businesses, research partners, consumer organizations, foundations and a broad global network of aging services organizations that reach over 30 countries. The work of LeadingAge is focused on advocacy, leadership development, and applied research and promotion of effective services, home health, hospice, community services, senior housing, assisted living residences, continuing care communities, nursing homes, as well as technology solutions, to seniors, children, and others with special needs.
- The LeapFrog Group - Voluntary program aimed at mobilizing employer purchasing power to alert America's health industry that big leaps in health care safety, quality and customer value will be recognized and rewarded.
- Learning What Works: Infrastructure Required for Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER): Workshop Summary - This 2011 publication provides a summary of an IOM CER publication.
- Legal Analysis and Law Articles on Health Care, HIPPA, Stark law, Medicare and Medicaid, Anti-Kickback Statutes, Fraud and Abuse - The National Law Review is a free resource of health care legal articles addressing regulatory developments, contractual obligations and disputes for both profit and not for profit health care organizations.
- Legal and Policy Challenges to Secondary Uses of Information from Electronic Clinical Health Records - This paper explores the legal and policy challenges associated with secondary use of electronic clinical data.
- Legislation and Congressional Activities - Allows users to learn about recent events on the Hill as they relate to cancer research, or check the status of pending legislation and find out about hearings of interest to cancer research and advocacy communities.
- Lessons from High- and Low-Performing States for Raising Overall Health System Performance - The authors find that while socioeconomic and demographic factors certainly play a large role in overall health system performance, high-performing states share a number of additional attributes not typically found among the low performers. These include a history of continuous reform and government leadership in this area; a culture of collaboration among health care stakeholders; transparency of information on price and quality; and a congruent set of policies focusing on system improvement.
- Leveraging Mobile Health (mHealth) Solutions for Health Services Research Upcoming Webinars - A session of this series will be held: Date: December 3, 2012 Time: 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm ET Commentator: Brian C. Quinn, Ph.D. (RWJ) Faculty: Amy Abernethy, MD, (Duke). Previous webinars are also available
- The Lewin Group Center for Comparative Effectiveness Research - The Center manages, conducts, interprets, and supports the use of comparative effectiveness research (CER) to inform decisions that help achieve the most effective patient outcomes, health care policies, and deployment of health care resources.
- Limited Competition: Enhancing Investments in Comparative Effectiveness Research Resources - The goal of this FOA is tofurther improve the capabilities and patient-centered use of existing research and/or clinical infrastructure now and in the future.
- Limited Competition: Enhancing Investments in Comparative Effectiveness Research Resources (R01) - This FOA is a limited competition for AHRQ ARRA-funded large research grants, specifically awardees currently funded under the: CHOICE, PROSPECT, Enhanced Registries for Quality Improvement and Comparative Effectiveness Research, and Scalable Distributed Research Networks for Comparative Effectiveness Research funding programs.
- Limited Competition: Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Program Infrastructure for Clinical and Translational Research [IDeA-CTR][U54]
- Limited Evidence To Connect Cost Of Health Care To Quality - Recent research examines the link between healthcare costs and quality, examining 61 published studies to determine the relationship.
- Lister Hill Center for Health Policy, UAB - Located in the School of Public Health of the University of Alabama at Birmingham, this endowed Center has a university-wide mission to facilitate the conduct of health policy research and to disseminate the findings of that research beyond the usual academic channels.
- Local Health Departments in the News - Ongoing, publicly-available collection of news stories about public health issues facing communities across the nation. News clips are searchable by state or in the following subject areas: budget cuts, County Health Rankings, H1N1, good news and more.
- LocatorPlus - Search for books, journals and audiovisuals in the NLM collections.
- Long-Term Care Interest Group - The mission of the Long-Term Care Interest Group is to foster the development of the information base needed for policy and practice to meet the growing need for Long-Term Care.
- Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals - The mission of the Department of Health and Hospitals is to protect and promote health and to ensure access to medical, preventive, and rehabilitative services for all citizens of the State of Louisiana.