National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR)
HSR General Resources
- Data, Tools and Statistics
- HSR Social Media Resources
- Education and Training
- Grants, Funding and Fellowships
- Guidelines, Journals Other Publications
- Key Organizations
- Meetings and Conferences
- State Resources
- Aging Population Issues
- Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER)
- Child Health Services Research
- Dissemination and Implementation Science
- Evidence-Based Practice and Health Technology Assessment
- Health Care Reform, Health Economics, and Health Policy
- Health Disparities
- Health Informatics
- Privacy/Security and Research with Electronic Health Records New
- Public Health Services and Systems Research
- Rural Health
News about Health Services Research
News items 4 weeks and older are available on the News Archive Web page.
- Achieving the Potential of Health Care Performance Measures - (Urban Institute (UI)) - 23-MAY-2013 Recommendations for the use of performance measurements is provided in this analysis of their benefits and problems.
- Doctors and hospitals' use of health IT more than doubles since 2012 - (Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) U.S.) - 22-MAY-2013 HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius today announced that more than half of all doctors and other eligible providers have received Medicare or Medicaid incentive payments for adopting or meaningfully using electronic health records
- Care Management for Medicaid Enrollees Through Community Health Teams - (Commonwealth Fund) - 22-MAY-2013 This report looks at the efforts of eight states' models of multidisciplinary community health teams, which may reduce costs and improve quality while enabling practices to offer a full array of medical home services.
- Effective Health Care Program: Research Available for Comment - (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)) - 22-MAY-2013 New Draft Reports and White Papers are available for comment.
- The Evolving Role of Emergency Departments in the United States - (RAND Corporation USA) - 21-MAY-2013 This research report looks at the role of hospital emergency departments in evaluating patients, acting as decisionmaker for hospital admissions, and helping to control costs.
- ARM 30th Anniversary Reflections - Dr. Carolyn Clancy on New Opportunities for HSR - (AcademyHealth) - 21-MAY-2013 Dr. Carolyn Clancy discusses the future of HSR in this blog post.
- Comparing Rural and Urban Medicare Part D Enrollment Patterns and Prescription Drug Coverage Rates - (University of Michigan (U-M)) - 21-MAY-2013 This study examined Medicare Part D enrollment rates in rural and urban areas and the resulting impact on rural beneficiaries' overall prescription drug coverage rates.
- Patient-Powered Research Network (PPRN) Applicant Town Hall - (Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) US) - 20-MAY-2013 Registration is open for this free webinar, which will be held June 6, 2013 3:00 p.m. ET - 4:00 p.m. ET.
- Clinical Data Research Network (CDRN) Applicant Town Hall - (Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) US) - 20-MAY-2013 Registration is open for this free webinar, which will be held June 4, 2013 3:00 p.m. ET - 4:00 p.m. ET.
- PCORI Opens Second Year of Research Funding with $81 Million in New Round of Announcements - (Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) US) - 20-MAY-2013 The PFAs seek proposals for innovative projects that address the five focal areas of PCORI's National Priorities for Research and Research Agenda.
- Public Health Informatics Virtual Event on July 16-18, 2013 - Call for Abstracts! - 20-MAY-2013 Abstracts are being accepted for this event, sponsored by CDC, NACCHO, and ASTHO, being held July 16-18, 2013.
- What Drove the Recent Slowdown in Health Spending Growth and Can It Continue? - (Urban Institute (UI)) - 14-MAY-2013 National health expenditures have grown at record-low rates for the past three years.
- Disconnected Mothers and the Well-Being of Children: A Research Report - (Urban Institute (UI)) - 14-MAY-2013 This paper looks at the well-being of children, whose mothers have become disconnected from work and welfare.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Public Health Preparedness and Response Research to Aid Recovery from Hurricane Sandy - (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)) - 14-MAY-2013 This FOA will provide funds from the Disaster Relief Appropriations Act of 2013 to support research to aid recovery from the public health impact of Hurricane Sandy.
- US Healthcare and Life Sciences Conference: Transformation Beyond Reform - 13-MAY-2013 This meeting will be held on June 6, 2013 in New York City.
- Concentrated Poverty and Regional Equity: Findings from the National Neighborhood Indicators Partnership Share Indicators Initiative - (Urban Institute (UI)) - 03-MAY-2013 This paper looks at the relationship between concentrated poverty and regional equity.
- Using SNAP Receipt to Establish, Verify, and Renew Medicaid - (Urban Institute (UI)) - 29-APR-2013 A report looks at the ways in which Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program receipts can aid in new Medicaid enrollment.
- Assuring Integrity while Facilitating Innovation in Medical Research: A Workshop - (Institute of Medicine (IOM)) - 26-APR-2013 Registration is open for this meeting being held June 5, 2013 in Washington, DC. The event will also be available by webcast.
- Enhanced National CLAS Standards and The Blueprint with guidance and implementation strategies. - (Office of Minority Health (OMH)) - 26-APR-2013 CLAS Standards are intended to advance health equity, improve quality, and help eliminate health care disparities by providing a blueprint for individuals and health and health care organizations to implement culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
- Blueprint for a Public Health and Safety Approach to Drug Policy - (New York Academy of Medicine) - 24-APR-2013 This report looks at the contradictory nature of current drug policy, as well as specific recommendations for reform.