National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR)
Serving the Information Needs of the Health Services Research Community
HSR General Resources
- Data, Tools and Statistics
- HSR Social Media Resources
- Education and Training
- Grants, Funding and Fellowships
- Guidelines, Journals Other Publications
- Key Organizations
- Meetings and Conferences
- State Resources
- Aging Population Issues
- Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER)
- Child Health Services Research
- Evaluation Resources for Assessing HIT Systems and HIT Implementation, Adoption and Use
- Dissemination and Implementation Science
- Evidence-Based Practice and Health Technology Assessment
- Health Care Reform, Health Economics, and Health Policy
- Health Disparities
- Health Informatics
- Health Literacy and Cultural Competence New
- Privacy/Security and Research with Electronic Health Records
- Public Health Services and Systems Research
- Rural Health
News about Health Services Research
News items 4 weeks and older are available on the News Archive Web page.
- Managing Healthcare Mobility - Effectively Leveraging Mobility to Drive Better Patient Outcomes - (Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS)) - 09-DEC-2013 Registration is open for this free one-hour webinar, being held Wednesday, December 18, 2013 beginning at 1:00 pm ET.
- Meaningful Use in Action - The Million Hearts Initiative - (Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) USA) - 06-DEC-2013 Registration is open for this one hour webinar, being held on Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 3:00 pm ET.
- Rural/Urban Differences in Inpatient Related Costs and Use among Medicare Beneficiaries - (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC)) - 05-DEC-2013 This issue brief examines rural-urban differences in inpatient costs and use among Medicare beneficiaries.
- How States Stand to Gain or Lose Federal Funds by Opting In or Out of the Medicaid Expansion - (Commonwealth Fund) - 05-DEC-2013 This issue brief examines the financial impact on 20 states on decision to opt out of Medicaid expansion.
- Maximizing Enrollment Under the ACA: Lessons from the States - (Urban Institute (UI)) - 03-DEC-2013 This free webcast will be held on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET. Registration is required to attend the in-person event in Washington DC. Contact information is provided.
- SOPHE Journal Supplement Showcases Exciting New Applications of Systems Science to Health Promotion and Public Health - 02-DEC-2013 The Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE) announces the publication of a special journal supplement of Health Education & Behavior (HE&B) focused on the pioneering use of systems science methods in health promotion. SOPHE and the NIH Office of Behavioral and Social Research (OBSSR) are hosting a Twitter chat to promote this special supplement. The chat will take place on December 4th from 2pm - 3pm ET using #HEBchat.
- Evaluating Express Lane Eligibility - (Mathematica Policy Research, Inc.) - 02-DEC-2013 Case studies from Maryland, Iowa, Oklahoma, New Jersey and Oregon, related to the new CHIPRA Express Lane Eligibility Program have been released. Studies from the remaining 6 states will follow.
- The Role of Medicaid in State Economies and the ACA - (Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) US) - 27-NOV-2013 This issue brief is a summary of 32 studies in 26 states analyzing the anticipated impact of the ACA Medicaid expansion.
- Long-Term Services and Supports in the Financial Alignment Demonstrations for Dual Eligible Beneficiaries - (Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) US) - 25-NOV-2013 Using data from 7 states (CA, IL, MA, NY, OH, SC, VA) that tested a capitated model, this issue brief compares the treatment of long-term services and supports.
- To Tweet or Not to Tweet: The Keys to deploying Successful Social Media Tools - (Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS)) - 22-NOV-2013 Registration is open for this webinar, being held December 11, 2013 from 11AM-1PM CT.
- Getting into Gear for 2014: Shifting New Medicaid Eligibility and Enrollment Policies into Drive - (Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) US) - 22-NOV-2013 This report provides an overview of state Medicaid eligibility and enrollment policies slated to go into effect.
- Demographic and Economic Characteristics Associated with Sole County Pharmacy Closures, 2006-2010 - (Rural Policy Research Institute (RUPRI) USA) - 21-NOV-2013 This brief outlines statistical data on pharmacy closures in rural areas.
- Fast Track to Coverage: Facilitating Enrollment of Eligible People into the Medicaid Expansion - (Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) US) - 21-NOV-2013 An issue brief examines the new Medicaid "fast track" enrollment options.
- Communication and Dissemination Strategies To Facilitate the Use of Health-Related Evidence - (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)) - 21-NOV-2013 The final version of the paper is now available.
- Healthcare Shifts from à la Carte to Prix Fixe - 20-NOV-2013 This report looks at the concept of "bundled healthcare," in which the patient is presented with a package of services for a treatment or procedure.
- Stabilizing Premiums Under the Affordable Care Act: State Efforts to Reduce Adverse Selection - (Urban Institute (UI)) - 20-NOV-2013 The efforts of 11 states to introduce measures that would stabilize insurance premiums is examined in this report
- The PCORI Methodology Report - (Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) US) - 20-NOV-2013 This report discusses the methodology standards of PCORI, designed to provide specific recommendations regarding the minimum requirements for following PCOR best practices.
- How Do Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) Payments Change Under the ACA? - (Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) US) - 19-NOV-2013 A new issue brief discusses a statute which requires annual aggregate reductions in federal Disproportionate Share Hospital funding from FY 2014 through FY 2020.
- State-by-State Estimates of the Number of People Eligible for Premium Tax Credits Under the Affordable Care Act - (Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) US) - 14-NOV-2013 This issue brief discusses national and state estimates for the approximately 17 million people who are now uninsured or who buy insurance on their own.
- International Profiles of Health Care Systems, 2013 - 14-NOV-2013 A new report compares the health systems of Australia, Canada, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United States.
- Americans' Experiences in the Health Insurance Marketplaces: Results from the First Month - (Commonwealth Fund) - 13-NOV-2013 This Data Brief looks at the results of a telephone survey, conducted October 9-27, 2013, to determine their interactions with the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Rural America at a Glance, 2013 Edition - (Economic Research Service, USDA) - 13-NOV-2013 This annual report from the USDA presents statistical data on rural areas. Included are topics such as poverty, disparities, and population decline.
- Integration of Mental Health Care and Primary Care - (Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) US) - 12-NOV-2013 Registration is open for this webinar, being held December 13, 2013 from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (ET).
- Fast Food Companies Still Target Kids with Marketing for Unhealthy Products - (Yale Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity USA) - 08-NOV-2013 A new study looks at the still excessive amount of advertizing aimed at children, which markets unhealthy foods.