National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR)
Serving the Information Needs of the Health Services Research Community
HSR General Resources
- Data, Tools and Statistics
- HSR Social Media Resources
- Education and Training
- Grants, Funding and Fellowships
- Guidelines, Journals Other Publications
- Key Organizations
- Meetings and Conferences
- State and State/Local Resources
- Aging Population Issues
- Community Benefit / Community Health Needs Assessment
- Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER)
- Child Health Services Research
- Evaluation Resources for Assessing HIT Systems and HIT Implementation, Adoption and Use
- Dissemination and Implementation Science
- Evidence-Based Practice and Health Technology Assessment
- Health Care Reform, Health Economics, and Health Policy
- Health Disparities
- Health Informatics
- Health Literacy and Cultural Competence
- Privacy/Security and Research with Electronic Health Records
- Public Health Services and Systems Research
- Rural Health
News about Health Services Research
News items 4 weeks and older are available on the News Archive Web page.
- WEBINAR: Transforming clinical practices to promote population health and improve workforce retention - (Brookings Institution US) - 04-AUG-2015 This webinar will be held on August 11, 2015 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM EDT.
- California's Previously Uninsured After The ACA's Second Open Enrollment Period - (Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) US) - 03-AUG-2015 The data in this survey were compared to information acquired from similar surveys in 2013 and 2014. The results of the current survey show a 58% increase from a 2014 survey
- Health and Access to Care and Coverage for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Individuals in the U.S. - (Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) US) - 03-AUG-2015 A new issue brief examines LGBT health status, coverage, and access, and reviews the implications of the ACA and the Supreme Court rulings on marriage equality.
- New Guide from APHA: Healthy Outlook: Public Health Resources for Systems Transformation - (American Public Health Association (APHA)) - 03-AUG-2015 Healthy Outlook: Public Health Resources for Systems Transformation is a series of fact sheets, issue briefs and other resources designed to: 1) Highlight policy issues within the ACA and the implications for public health; and 2) Identify opportunities and promote active engagement of public health in health care systems transformation efforts.
- New AHRQ Web Tool Provides Quick Access to Hospital Discharge Data - 03-AUG-2015 Fast Stats, a new online tool released by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), allows users to analyze the latest state-by-state information on hospital discharges, including all-payer data on discharges in 2014 from 17 states.
- Landmark Study Reveals Connection Between Workforce Health and Community Health - 03-AUG-2015 A study conducted by the Vitality Institute and supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) finds that the health of the workforce is linked to the overall health of the community in which it is located.
- Marketplace Price Competition in 2014 and 2015: Does Insurer Type Matter in Early Performance? - (Urban Institute (UI)) - 31-JUL-2015 This report is an examination of how the nongroup insurance marketplaces varies by insurer type.
- AHRQ Announces Interest in Innovative Methods Research to Increase the Utility of Systematic Reviews - (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)) - 30-JUL-2015 This Special Emphasis Notice informs the research community that AHRQ intends to support research designed to develop innovative systematic review methods that address the opportunities and challenges of the current era of data abundance, and make systematic reviews both more efficient and salient.
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Partners for Breakthrough for Sharing Cancer Data - (California Department of Health) - 30-JUL-2015 California Department of Public Health has announced a new initiative that would collect and transmit structured pathology cancer data directly to the California Cancer Registry.
- Now available: NIST Cybersecurity Practice Guide, Special Publication 1800-1: "Securing Electronic Health Records on Mobile Devices" - 30-JUL-2015 The National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) has issued a draft of a new practice guide; the period for comments is open until September 25, 2015.
- PCORI's Process for Peer Review of Primary Research and Public Release of Research Findings - (Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) US) - 30-JUL-2015 PCORI has released their peer review requirements.
- NIH Strategic Plan - Request for Information - (National Institutes of Health (NIH)) - 22-JUL-2015 NIH is developing a 5-year Strategic Plan to outline a vision for biomedical research that will pursue fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and apply that knowledge to extend healthy life and reduce illness and disability. Comment is requested. Please reply by August 16, 2015 11:59:59 PM EDT
- Opportunity for All: Fighting Rural Child Poverty - 22-JUL-2015 The report looks at the effects of federal programs, like SNAP, in reducing child rural poverty and improving the health of children.
- Children's Budget 2015 - 21-JUL-2015 First Focus presents a guide to federal spending on children.
- To Switch or Be Switched: Examining Changes in Drug Plan Enrollment among Medicare Part D Low-Income Subsidy Enrollees - (Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) US) - 17-JUL-2015 This report looks at plan changes among Low-Income Subsidy Medicare users, whose prescription drug plans of choice is no longer available.
- Medicare And Medicaid At 50 - (Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) US) - 17-JUL-2015 The results of a survey, this report looks at the public's views of Medicare and of their benefits.
- Serving Older Adults with Complex Care Needs: A New Benefit Option for Medicare - (Commonwealth Fund) - 17-JUL-2015 The final issue brief celebrating the 50th anniversary of Medicare advocates for a omplex care benefit option within the program.
- Evidence Roadmap: Medicaid Managed Care - (AcademyHealth) - 17-JUL-2015 A new roadmap recommends readings that examine Medicaid Managed Care.
- In Plain Sight: Is Open Data Improving Our Health? - (California HealthCare Foundation (CHCF)) - 16-JUL-2015 Using 4 case studies, this brief examines the use of open data as a means of impacting health.
- Modernizing Medicare's Benefit Design and Low-Income Subsidies to Ensure Access and Affordability - (Commonwealth Fund) - 15-JUL-2015 This is the second brief in the series Medicare at 50. It looks at a possible integrated benefit for enrollees in traditional Medicare, to assist impoverished beneficiaries.
- APHA Releases Healthy Outlook: Public Health Resources for Systems Transformation - (American Public Health Association (APHA)) - 15-JUL-2015 APHA has released Healthy Outlook: Public Health Resources for Systems Transformation, a series of fact sheets, issue briefs and other resources designed to highlight policy issues within the Affordable Care Act and its implications for public health, identify opportunities, and promote active engagement of public health in health care systems transformation efforts.
- Implementing Guidelines in Your Organization: What Questions Should You Be Asking? - (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)) - 15-JUL-2015 This commentary outlines the steps for implementing a new guideline within your organization.
- National Literacy Trust Hubs: Understanding the Role of Literacy in Public Health - 15-JUL-2015 A new paper from the National Literacy Trust looks at the role of literacy in health in the United Kingdom.
- Children's Health Spending 2010-2013 - 08-JUL-2015 Looking at a 3 year period, the Health Care Cost Institute (HHCI) found that healthcare spending for children (ages 0-18) covered by employer-sponsored insurance grew an average of 5.7% per year.
- FACT SHEET: New Patient-Focused Commitments to Advance the President's Precision Medicine Initiative - 08-JUL-2015 Champions of Change event launches Precision medicine initiative.
- Disparities in Individuals' Access and Use of Health IT in 2013 (2015) - (Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, HHS (ONC)) - 06-JUL-2015 This Data brief examines disparities in the public's use of HIT.