- Is a health information Web site for patients, families and other consumers.
- Contains carefully selected links to Web resources with authoritative health information on over 900 health topics, as well as dictionaries, directories, organizations, and news stories.
- Provides access to medical information via:
- Contains links to preformulated searches of the MEDLINE/PubMed database, allowing you to find references to latest health professional articles on your topic.
- Is a database of professional biomedical literature.
- Is a Web-based, searchable database of over 22 million article references published in more than 5000 biomedical journals and magazines.
- Can be searched for free.
- Includes links to some full-text journal articles via publishers' Web pages.
- Publisher access to articles varies by publisher. Some provide access for free; others charge for articles or require a subscription.
Return to the list of MedlinePlus FAQs