It is an honor and pleasure each year for the Friends to hold an Awards Gala to celebrate the advancements made in public health, medicine, and health communications, along with the individuals and organizations who are dedicated to this cause. The 2011 Annual Awards Gala on November 3 will bring together representatives from the public, professional, and business sectors in health care to show their support for the Library—this year celebrating its 175th anniversary.
Let Us Hear From You
We want your feedback on the magazine and ideas for future issues, as well as questions and suggestions.
Please email your letters to Managing Editor
Selby Bateman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or send mail to Editor,
NIH MedlinePlus magazine,
P.O. Box 18427,
Greensboro, NC 27419-8427.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For their achievements and support of the advancement of health, five recipients will be honored:
- Distinguished Medical Informatics Award Larry Ellison, Founder and CEO, Oracle
- Paul G. Rogers Health Communications Award Mehmet Oz, MD, and Michael Roizen, MD, co-authors, YOU: The Owner’s Manual
- Distinguished Medical Science Award Purnell W. Choppin, MD, President Emeritus, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Michael E. DeBakey Library Services Outreach Award Ann Duesing, Outreach Librarian, Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, UVA
We hope that you will join us for this gala evening! For more information on the honorees and to find out how to attend, visit www.fnlm.org.
Donald West King, M.D., Chairman
Friends of the National Library of Medicine
Help Out for Health: Be a Friend
You can be part of the Friends' mission to help educate the public and the health and corporate communities about NIH's many vital research initiatives.
If you or your company can help to support and expand the publication and distribution of NIH MedlinePlus magazine, thousands and thousands more people will gain valuable, free access to the world's best online medical library, www.medlineplus.gov.
For more information, please visit www.fnlm.org or call (202) 679-9930. Or, write to FNLM, 7900 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814.
The FNLM is classified as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for federal tax purposes. Web site: www.fnlm.org
On the go! Find trusted health information from the experts at MedlinePlus and the National Library of Medicine:
- Disease and wellness topics
- The latest health news
- An illustrated medical encyclopedia
- Information on prescription
and over-the-counter medications