Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., a physician and geneticist, is the new Director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. President Barack Obama nominated Dr. Collins, who served as Director of the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) at NIH from 1993-2008. Continue Reading, 'Dr. Francis Collins Is New NIH Director'
- Caregiving and Decision-Making For Seniors: How You Can Help
- For Dr. Nancy Snyderman's Parents, Staying Close to Family Is Key
- There's No Place Like Home
- Assisted Living
- Long Distance Caregiving
- Staying Positive and Moving Forward
- Former WWII Fighter Pilot Finds New Home Near Family
- Near-Centenarian Makes Friends Quickly in New Home
On May 5th, the 2009 FNLM Annual Awards Dinner celebrated advances in public health and medicine, along with the individuals and organizations dedicated to this cause. The dinner was dedicated to the memory of FNLM's long-time chairman, the Honorable Paul G. Rogers. Continue Reading, 'Celebrating Leadership in Public Health and Medicine'
Does this sound familiar? You have only a few minutes with your health-care provider. You say what's on your mind. But, later, you remember something you forgot to ask. Or, maybe you listen to what she says, and then forget parts of what she told you. Continue Reading, 'Straight Talk For Good Health'