Here are potential signs of malnutrition
(*this news item will not be available after 04/08/2014)
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
(HealthDay News) -- New moms often worry if baby is getting enough to eat. Experts say baby may offer signs of malnutrition if you pay attention.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says these potential signs include:
- When a nursing baby stops breast-feeding after 10 minutes or less.
- When baby has fewer than four wet diapers a day.
- When during the first month of life, baby has infrequent or very hard stools.
- When soon after a feeding, baby appears hungry or looks for something to suck on.
- When during the first week of life, baby's skin tone appears yellow.
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.
Recent Health News
- More Health News on:
Infant and Newborn Nutrition