Here are edibles to avoid
(*this news item will not be available after 04/23/2014)
Thursday, January 23, 2014
(HealthDay News) -- Little mouths and throats aren't suited for big chunks of food, which could pose a choking hazard.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says parents should avoid giving their toddlers:
- Whole hot dogs (should be sliced).
- Jelly beans and other hard candies, as well as nuts, seeds and popcorn.
- Thick chunks of peanut butter.
- Raw crunchy vegetables, such as green beans, carrots or celery.
- Whole cherry tomatoes or grapes (they should be quartered).
- Big chunks of meat, fruit, raw veggies or potatoes.
Recent Health News
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.