Don't let the kids go it alone
(*this news item will not be available after 05/13/2014)
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
(HealthDay News) -- Staying healthy is a family affair, and by working together you can meet your exercise and diet goals.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions to help families stick to their healthy goals:
- Prepare nutritious snacks and well-balanced meals, and make sure everyone starts the day with a healthy breakfast.
- Make sure that at each meal, your plate is half filled with fruits and veggies. Also make sure that at least half of your grains are whole.
- Eat dinner together every night, if possible.
- Avoid talking about weight in a negative way in front of your children.
- Be active together as a family. Examples may include taking a walk together after dinner, or going to the gym.
- Keep a positive attitude, and set a good example for your children about following a healthy lifestyle.
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.
Recent Health News
- More Health News on: