Watch how much you eat and drink
(*this news item will not be available after 05/22/2014)
Friday, February 21, 2014
(HealthDay News) -- Too much sugar in your diet can lead to a host of health problems, from rotting your teeth to bulging your waistline.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how to cut down on sugar:
- Avoid baked goodies, candy and other sweets.
- Stick to heart-healthy meals and snacks, focusing on whole grains, lean proteins, fruits and vegetables.
- Drink water instead of sugary beverages.
- Avoid processed foods, which tend to be high in sugar, salt and fat.
- Look for recipes that use less sugar, or use unsweetened applesauce or sugar substitutes.
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.
Recent Health News
- More Health News on: