Powering through a long afternoon takes fuel. So a nutrition-filled snack should be on your agenda.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has some suggestions. If you're on the go:
- Put together your own trail mix, add nuts, dried fruits, whole grain pretzels and a little low sugar cereal.
- Or cut up some veggies, and bring along some peanut butter or hummus for dipping.
- For some crunch, baked tortilla chips with salsa or whole grain crackers and low fat cheese are options.
- Or if you're really hungry, try a warmed up whole wheat tortilla wrap with a little low-sodium turkey, a slice of apple, and a little cheese.
- If have a blender handy, a fruit smoothie whipped up with some low fat yogurt is also a healthy choice.
- Finally, don't forget to wash it down with plenty of water, for healthy hydration.
I'm Dr. Cindy Haines of HealthDay TV. With the health news for you and your family.