Medical Subject Headings
2014 SPL/DailyMed Jamboree Workshop
Using DailyMed Drug Product Label Data
NLM is sponsoring a free public meeting, “SPL/DailyMed Jamboree 2014 Workshop – Practical use of DailyMed and RxNorm Drug Data”. Speakers from Federal government (NLM and IHS), industry (Bayer, Wolters-Kluwer), academia and non-profit sectors will speak on their experience with Structured Product Label (SPL) drug data as well as RxNorm. The emphasis is on practical and novel ways to use this free data, which is produced cooperatively by NLM and FDA. Last year’s Jamboree was a big success, and this year we build on that, offering more focus on applications, implementation and lessons learned.
Topics include SPLs and clinical decision support, extracting indication and drug interaction data from SPLs using natural language processing, e-prescribing experience within the Indian Health Service, Linked Data and SPLs, the use of RxNorm by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP), and more.
Please reserve the day and time in your calendar. Registration is required, and seating is limited. While the proceedings will be webcast and archived, in-person attendance offers greater opportunity to exchange ideas, questions and insights with your peers.
When: September 18, 9:30 AM to 4:15 PM
Where: Lister Hill Auditorium, National Library of Medicine, 8600 Rockville Pike, NIH Building 38A, 1st Floor, Bethesda, Maryland 20894
- Helpful Web sites with maps of the NIH campus and entry gates can be found at these links:
- Photo identification is required for admission to NIH campus. All visitors must show a photo ID for entry. US citizens may bring a US driver’s license, passport or student ID. Please allow extra time to get through the security clearance.
- The following items are not allowed on the NIH campus – firearms, explosives, archery equipment, dangerous weapons, knives with blades over 2 ½ inches, alcoholic beverages and open containers of alcohol. If the visitor brings any of these items to the NIH, they will either dispose of the item (throw it away) or keep the item, but not allow it on campus.
- Parking at NIH is limited and costs a maximum of $12 daily. The Lister Hill Center is a walkable 300 yards from the Medical Center stop on Metro’s Red Line. A free shuttle also takes guests from Metro to the front entrance of Lister Hill Center:
- Driving directions to NIH:
- Individuals with disabilities who need reasonable accommodation to participate may contact NLM Customer Service at email@example.com, or the Federal Relay (1-800-877-8339). Lister Hill Center is wheelchair-accessible.
- For more information contact:
- John Kilbourne, MD
- Head, Medical Subject Headings
- National Library of Medicine
- Telephone: 301-594-2897
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org