NLM Hosts Free Webinar for Software Developers
NLM API Showcase: Using NLM APIs for Product Development
Software developers can learn how to tap into free data covering drugs, medical literature, clinical trials, consumer health information, molecular biology and much more during a webinar April 10, 2012 from 2 p.m.-3:30 p.m. (ET). The free webinar is sponsored by the National Library of Medicine (NLM), part of the National Institutes of Health.
The NLM API Showcase webinar will give developers the opportunity to connect with NLM data experts who will highlight successful uses of the Library's APIs and explain how to find, use and incorporate NLM data into novel products.
NLM is the world's largest medical library and the developer of groundbreaking electronic information resources. For more than 40 years, the Library has been making the data compiled for those resources available for others to use to develop new tools, products, and services.
There are several options for participating in the webinar:
- Adobe Connect: Available to the first 300 people, provides the opportunity to submit questions, will be recorded and archived at Adobe URL: http://webmeeting.nih.gov/nlmapis
- NIH Videocast: Can be viewed live and will be archived at http://www.videocast.nih.gov
- On site: Lister Hill Center Auditorium first floor of Building 38A on the National Institutes of Health campus in Bethesda, MD. Directions and visitor information.
- Follow the webinar with live tweets, and submit questions for the experts, @nlm_newsroom using hashtag #nlmapi
The webinar is a prelude to the Health Data Initiative Forum III June 5-6, 2012 at the Washington Convention Center. Forum attendees will have several opportunities to meet NLM's data experts and learn even more about the Library's resources.
NLM API Showcase will highlight the following NLM resources:
- E-utilities (providing access to PubMed/MEDLINE, genetic sequences and more)
- MedlinePlus, MedlinePlus Connect
- ChemSpell, DIRLINE, Pillbox
- Metamap, Medical Text Indexer