NLM Co-Sponsors Clinical Trial Conference, June 6-7, 2011
"Clinical Trials: New Challenges and Opportunities"
The National Library of Medicine, the Friends of the National Library of Medicine, and the American Association for the Advancement of Science are co-sponsoring a conference exploring the future of clinical trials.
"Clinical Trials: New Challenges and Opportunities" will be held June 6-7, 2011. A keynote address and evening activities will be held in downtown Washington June 6, followed by a full day of presentations and panel discussions June 7 at the Natcher Conference Center on the National Institutes of Health campus in Bethesda, Maryland.
NLM, part of the National Institutes of Health, is co-sponsoring the event as part of its 175th anniversary celebration. NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins is among more than a dozen speakers representing government, industry, academia, and patient advocacy groups. Conference topics include:
- Clinical Trials' Response to Public Health Needs
- The Role of the NIH
- The Role of the FDA
- Moving Towards Transparency in Clinical Trials
- Partnering with Participants in Clinical Trials
- How to Do Clinical Trials Better
- Deciding Which Clinical Trials to Do
- Using Clinical Trials to Improve Patient Care