NLM's MedlinePlus Features New Look
The August 24, 2000 release of MedlinePlus introduces a new design and modified organizational structure. These changes are a result of extensive usability testing and consumer feedback. The new design retains many elements of the current site, but now features:
- a more attractive and compact home page;
- five major "content" areas
- health topics (including the medical encyclopedia)
- drug information
- other resources (including organizations, consumer health libraries, publications, MEDLINE and more);
- a top navigation bar including a search box on every page; and
- health topic pages that more prominently feature our selected links.
No URLs have been changed as a result of the redesign, and the site will download faster than before. For more information on features of the new design, see the upcoming article in NLM's Technical Bulletin. As always, NLM welcomes any comments and suggestions about MedlinePlus. A link to "We welcome your comments" is at the bottom of every page.