Health Economics Information Resources: A Self-Study Course
Module 1, Part 2: Key Information Sources
It should come as no surprise that the Internet is a rich source of health economics content.
Information is available from government sites such as NICHSR (National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology) located at the National Library of Medicine, commercial sites such as HealthEconomics.com, educational institutions such as the University of York's Health Economics Resource Centre (HERC) and personal membership associations such as the International Health Economics Association (iHEA).
Lastly, information is aggregated by individuals such as Ansgar Hebborn who organizes the Health Economics - Places to Go site.
Below you will find descriptions of some of the better-known health economics content sites. Use the following as recommended starting points for searching the Web.
NICHSR Health Policy/Health Economics links
- important health policy and health economics links from NICHSR
- part of a longer list of health services and informatics resources
- for use by professionals in the fields of economics, medicine and pharmacy
- this list includes resources such as associations, consulting services, government resources, journals and publications and more
Health Economics Resource Centre (HERC)
- from the University of York
- a listing of government agencies, evidence-based medicine, conferences and events, university departments and research units, online journals and search engines as well as miscellaneous ites
Information Resources in Health Economics
- from the University of York, NHS Centre for Reviews and Dissemination
- find statistical resources, health care financing and expenditure, comparative health care, costs of care, databases, journals, health economics departments, research units and organizations, economics resources as well as general resources
- find email discussion groups and health economics bibliographies
Health Economics - Places to Go
- this is a personal collection of links assembled by Ansgar Hebborn
- find biostatistics, economic evaluation, health economics and health policy resources as well as medical and public health links
Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi)
- a new membership organization for the promotion of health technology assessment worldwide
- recognizes the importance of information to the HTA process
- has a librarian on its Board of Directors
International Health Economics Association (iHEA)
- this is a personal membership site
- find conference information, jobs, other associations, and links
- very useful for the listing of other conferences and the listing of links: associations, consulting, funding, government, institutes, journals, research and resources
WebEc WWW Resources in Economics
- long list of resources ranging from general through very specific resources
- of particular interest is the methodology and history of economic thought, economics data, micro-and-macro-economics, public, financial, business, regional economics and industrial organization, economic systems and the list of economics journals
See also the link to Web sites in the Navigation Bar on the left-hand side of the page.