Introduction to Health Services Research : A Self-Study Course
Module 7: Librarians' Role in Health Services Research (Page 12 of 12)
Use these questions to review for the quiz for this module. After successfully taking the quiz and passing it with 80% accuracy, you can choose to get a Certificate of Success for the module.
The bolded text indicates the correct answer.
Take Quiz 7 (Module 7) without reviewing the questions.
1. Librarians should expand their roles and influence and contribute to the delivery of health care and to the improvement of health in our society. True | False
Through collaborative projects librarians have expanded their roles and influence and contribute heavily to the research underlying the delivery of health care and to the improvement of health.
2. Determining the most effective methods of spreading health services research results to practitioners, payers, and the public has been a goal of AHRQ and related organizations. True | False
AHRQ and related organizations have grappled over the most effective methods of spreading research results in the most appealing, persuasive, and usable formats to practitioners, payers, and the public.
3. MLA's Platform for Change urges librarians to (select the correct answer).
A. get trained in evaluation and epidemiology
B. develop clinical guidelines
C. prepare themselves to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's health sciences environment
D. forget lifelong learning as it is not necessary
Librarians must prepare themselves to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's health sciences environment.
4. It is | is not necessary for librarians to be alert to the changing information and health care environments and the major program and policy sources. (Select the correct word or phrase).
It is necessary for librarians to be alert to the changing information and health care environments and the major program and policy sources.
5. Lifelong learning is | is not important for librarians working in the health care environment.
It is really important for librarians to continue to learn as they progress through their careers. This is important as the health care field changes daily.
6. Having a basic understanding of health services research methodology is one of MLA's Platform for Change recommendations. True | False
The Platform for Change recommends that health sciences librarians be able to apply knowledge, skills, and understanding of research methodology.
7. The document authored by NLM titled, "The Education and Training of Health Sciences Librarians" describes several important areas of expansion. These included study of health systems organizations, staffing, financing, utilization, evaluation of health services, ___________, and clinical practice guideline development. Which important area of expansion is missing from this list?
B. outcomes research
C. social and behavioral sciences
E. qualitative research
Outcomes research is increasingly important in the field of health services research. This is not to say that biostatistics, social and behavioral sciences and epidemiology are not important, but outcomes research is likely to continue to play a significant role in health services research for some time.
8. The National Library of Medicine has a/an ________ role in training health sciences librarians in training health sciences librarians to work with health services researchers. (Select the correct answer).
NLM staff and staff from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine are constantly alert to changes in the need for training in current and future information resources and are developing new resources for use by librarians and health services researchers.
9. In the IOM report, "Workforce and Educational Issues" it was suggested that librarians are sufficiently well trained and do not need additional training | need to expand their education in this area (health services research). (Select the correct answe)r.
Librarians need to expand their education in health services research. It is a complex, but important field, and requires careful and ongoing study to understand the field and be able to search for information efficiently.
10. The National Library of Medicine was mandated to develop health services curriculum in partnership with the Medical Library Association, health services research organizations, and academic departments in the document Training plan (health services research education and training program). True | False
NLM has the responsibility for developing curricula that will enhance librarian's skills in working with health services researchers.
11. As information workers, librarians are essential partners in furthering the health of the public. True | False
In today's complex health care environment the librarian should be, and often is, an essential partner in locating critical information that can be used in furthering the health of the public.
Take the quiz for this module.