National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR)
- According to the CDC site, what percent of people over age 60 were tested for colon cancer? How many of them had a colonoscopy? How many were tested with the blood occult test?
- Compare this result to the results for each of the states.
- What are the main differences?
- What additional details are reported on the state sites?
- How can you explain the differences?
- Read the description of the procedures used in the BFRSS.
- Based on this description, what do you think are the main sources of uncertainty about the national results?
- How many states reported the results?
- What are the differences in the procedures that they used?
- What method did CDC use to combine the results?
- Go to a website that has information about reported results from a variety of sources.
- Try Pubmed, MMWR, Health US, statistical resources on the web, or the Gateway to Data and Statistics
- What additional findings can you locate on the topic?
- How are the results similar?
- How do they differ?