Unified Medical Language System® (UMLS®)
UMLS News and Announcements
Updated CORE Problem List Subset of SNOMED CT
August 27, 2015
The updated Clinical Observations Recording and Encoding (CORE) Problem List Subset is now available for download. The purpose of the UMLS CORE Project is to define a UMLS subset that is useful for documentation and encoding of clinical information at a summary level, such as a problem list, discharge diagnosis or reason for encounter. This updated subset is based on the July 2015 International Release of SNOMED CT and the 2015AA UMLS Release.
Two New CMT Subsets Available for Download
August 13, 2015
Two new Convergent Medical Terminology (CMT) release files are available for download:
- Endocrine, Nephrology and Urology - This problem list subset update includes concepts that Kaiser Permanente uses within the Endocrine, Nephrology, and Urology Problem Lists. There are 1,752 concepts in the file and includes mappings to ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM. SNOMED CT concepts are based on the January 31, 2014 International Release.
- Vaccinations - This procedure list subset includes concepts that Kaiser Permanente clinicians use to place Vaccination orders. There are 92 concepts in the file and includes mappings to Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes. SNOMED CT concepts are based on the January 31, 2014 International Release.
New RxMix Tutorials Available
August 4, 2015
Three new tutorials are available for the RxMix Web application:
- Using RxMix to Retrieve NDCs for an Ingredient: Interactive Mode
- Using RxMix to Retrieve NDCs for an Ingredient: Batch Mode
- Pre-Built Workflows in RxMix. Finding Drugs that May Treat a Disease
July 2015 SNOMED CT International Release now available
July 31, 2015
The July 2015 International Release of SNOMED CT is available for download. The RF1 and RF2 release files are now two separate download files. The SNOMED CT RF1 Compatibility Package tools are available for download from the same Web page. The SNOMED CT RF2 to RF1 Conversion files and additional RF1 files can be found on the SNOMED CT Permanent Packages page. Older versions of SNOMED CT International can be found on the SNOMED CT Archives page.
Updated SNOMED CT Notification - Removal of 'SNOMED CT to GMDN Simple Map'
July 24, 2015
The IHTSDO has notified National Release Centers that it is required that the SNOMED CT to GMDN Simple Map be removed from the previously released, January 2015 International Release of SNOMED CT.
As such, the NLM has posted the updated January 2015 International Release (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/licensedcontent/snomedctfiles.html). And we have updated the March 2015 US Edition Release (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/Snomed/us_edition.html). Please update your SNOMED CT data with the new downloads.
If you or any of your affiliate licensees have used, or are planning to use, the SNOMED CT to GMDN Simple Map, please contact IHTSDO at firstname.lastname@example.org with "SNOMED CT to GMDN Simple Map" in the subject line.
IHTSDO and NLM apologize for the inconvenience.