Public Services Division
Professional organizations and database companies develop and maintain databases. You may find that several database companies provide fee-based access and value-added features to the information. An example of a value-added feature is a link to full-text.
Free or Selected Free Content
Google. The Search Engine, Google Books, Google Scholar, and YouTube. Type "conference abstracts" or similar terms to get a list of links to conference abstracts, papers, and proceedings.
DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals. Infrastructure Services for Open Access CIC (is4oa), United Kingdom. Type "conference abstracts" or similar terms to get a list of links to conference materials.
NLM Gateway. National Library of Medicine. 1989 - . The database transitioned to a new pilot project including Meeting Abstracts (1989 - 2010). Meeting Abstracts contains selected abstracts from meetings and conferences in the subject areas of AIDS, Health Services Research, and Space Life Sciences.
NLM LocatorPlus®. National Library of Medicine. 1094 CE - . Find records for journals, books, reports and audiovisuals in the NLM collection. Includes selected links to free full-text items.
DMOZ: Open Directory Project. AOL, Inc. New York. Type "conference abstracts" or similar terms to get a list of links to conference abstracts.
ERIC: Education Resources Information Center. US Department of Education. 1966 - . Covers education research and information. Search as "conference proceedings" and Limit to Keywords (all fields). You can also search a topic and limit to Speeches/Meeting Papers under "Publication Type". Links to selected free full text and selected pre-1966 items are available.
Fee-Based or Subscription Content
The content at these resources are available free or for a fee. You can get them through a paid organizational or individual membership/subscription. The conference sponsor or publisher may offer them for sale to individuals without a membership or subscription.
Association for Computing Machinery. ACM: Digital Library. New York: Association for Computing Machinery. Major international computer science organization. Information about proceedings is in the ACM E-store.
BioMed Central Ltd. BioMed Central. London (UK): BioMed Central Ltd. Type "conference proceedings" or similar terms to retrieve a list of links to papers, posters, and abstracts. Springer owns BioMed Central.
EBSCOhost. CINAHL: Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature [Internet]. Ipswich (MA): EBSCO Industries. c1981 - . Includes publications from nursing associations and about health sciences librarians.
- ProQuest. COS Conference Papers Index. New York: RefWorks-COS (ProQuest). 1982 - . Covers US and international meetings. Includes poster citations.
- ProQuest. Papers Invited. Ann Arbor, MI: RefWorks-COS (ProQuest). 2013 - . Alerts for upcoming meetings and journal issues. Covers US and international meetings and publications.
- Thomson Reuters. Biological Previews or BIOSIS/RRM (Reports, Reviews, Meetings). Philadelphia: Thomson Reuters. c2012. Contents depend on which databases your institution purchases. 1926 - . Includes patents. Uses NLM MeSH Headings.
- Thomson Reuters. Conference Proceedings Citation Index. New York: Thomson Reuters. 1990 - . Covers U.S. and international meetings. Sources are journals and books. Available through ISI Web of Knowledge. Subscription required.
- Thomson Reuters. ISI Web of Knowledge. Philadelphia, PA: Thomson Reuters. 1900 - . Covers Science Citation Index Expanded (1900 - ) and Social Sciences Citation Index (1900 - ).