Public Services Division
US Federal Government Agencies
The federal government sponsors and hosts conferences. Most of these conference publications, including audiovisuals, are available to the public free.
US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
Surgeon General’s Conference and Workshop Reports and Proceedings. 1966-1967, 1980, 1982, 1984-1989, 1991-1992, 2001-2003, 2005-2006, 2008.
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
NIH VideoCasts. National Institutes of Health, Center for Information Technology. Live and recorded video broadcasts of NIH seminars, conferences, and meetings. You can watch at your convenience as an on-demand video or a downloadable podcast. The videos may be available to the public or for internal staff viewing: NIH-only or US Department of Health & Human Services (HHS-only).
You can also find conference information at individual NIH institutes and centers. Examples of NIH conference information are:
- National Cancer Institute (NCI). Upcoming Meetings. The NCI links to NIH, national, and international past and future meetings held by organizations that focus on oncology and nuclear diagnostics.
- National Eye Institute (NEI). NEI Intramural Events: Meetings and Conferences. You can also link to the Archive of Past Workshops, Conferences, and Reports. 2001 - 2006.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). Meeting Summaries and Scientific Reports. 2000 - .
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID). NIAID Conference Registration Site. Covers 2012 NIAID conferences held worldwide.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS). NINDS Workshop and Conference Proceedings. 1995 - 2012.
- National Library of Medicine (NLM). Journal Article Tag Suite Conference (JATS). 2010 - Conference proceedings, slides, PowerPoint presentations, videos, and information about future conferences are at this site. Proceedings are available free on NCBI Bookshelf.