Question: Are NLM® products copyrighted?
NLM-produced information is not copyrighted. Information in the public domain may be freely distributed and copied. We ask that you give the National Library of Medicine (NLM) acknowledgement for any use.
Be aware that some NLM Web sites include information produced by private individuals, companies or organizations which may be protected by copyright law. NLM Web sites with protected information provide additional notification of conditions associated with its use.
For more information about copyright and fair use, go to:
- NLM Copyright Information
- Copyright Information & Downloading National Library of Medicine Data
- MedlinePlus® Copyright Information
- NCBI Bookshelf Copyright Notice
- NCBI Copyright and Disclaimers
- U.S. Copyright Office Home Page
- CENDI Frequently Asked Questions About Copyright