FAQ: Disease/Condition/Treatment Information
Question: How do I find information about a disease, medical condition or treatment?
Our staff create resources to help you find information about a disease, medical condition or treatment. To search this information, we encourage you to start with:
- MedlinePlus® - the NLM consumer health Web pages link you to selected full-text information, directories, tutorials and other content
- MEDLINE/PubMed - the NLM database of citations to professional medical literature
Tutorials for using MEDLINE/PubMed
- List of NLM databases
For more help, see:
- Reference & Consumer Health Questions FAQ links to electronic resources by subject
- National Library of Medicine® Guide to Finding Health Information
- MedlinePlus Guide to Healthy Web Surfing
We cannot answer questions about individual medical cases, provide second opinions or recommend drugs or other treatments. We suggest you talk to a healthcare provider about these.
For more help, we suggest you contact your local public, medical or university library. Our FAQ on getting journal articles at
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/services/ill.html may also be useful.