DOCLINE -- Additional Holdings Record in a Different Physical Format
Question: How do I add an additional holdings record for holdings in a different physical format?
- From the DOCLINE main menu, select Serial Holdings.
- Select Update/View.
- On the Serial Holdings Update/View Search page, input either: Journal Title/Title Abbreviation, NLM Unique ID, ISSN, or OCLC Number for the serial to be added.
- Under Filters, make sure the checkbox for My Library is selected.
- Click SEARCH.
- If more than one serial title is displayed, select the appropriate bibliographic title.
- If your library has recorded holdings for this title, an ADD FORMAT button displays as well as Edit button(s) for previously reported format(s).
- Click ADD FORMAT.
- Choose appropriate physical Format.
- Select Yes or No for Currently Received (acquisition status).
- Choose Retention Policy. Supply appropriate detailed holdings information for Retention choice.
- if Permanently Retained, must include either Begin Vol. or Year. For information on adding non-contiguous holdings, see the FAQ How do I report a gap in holdings?
- if Limited Period Only, indicate the number of Months, Years, or Editions retained, e.g., Latest 5 Years
- Choose Completeness level.
- Indicate participation in National Print Retention program.
- Click SAVE.
- How do I add a holdings record for my library?
- How do I delete a holdings record for my library?
- How do I report a gap in holdings?
- How do I delete all of my library's holdings?