DOCLINE -- Canceling a "Borrow" Request
Question: How do I cancel a "Borrow" request?
To cancel your Borrow request(s)
- Select Requests from the DOCLINE main menu.
- Select Status/Cancel.
- Retrieve your request by entering the request number, patron name or email address under Request # or Patron, and click SEARCH, or under Define Search Limits, enter the date range you wish to search within and click SEARCH.
- Once the request(s) are displayed, select the checkbox(es) next to the request number for those you wish to cancel.
- Click Cancel under Actions for Selected Requests.
If the request has been received by a lender, the Cancel action will be marked "pending". If the lender updates the "pending cancellation" request as "Not Filled," the request will then be canceled.
Requests with the following statuses will be canceled immediately.
New - new request entered by borrower, but not yet received by a lender.
Rerouted Online - request was not filled by first lender, and rerouted to the next potential lender.
Rerouted TTA - rerouted because of DOCLINE time-triggered actions after first potential lender did receipt or act upon the request.
- Related Questions:
- How do I see the routing history for my request?
- What do the Status Codes and Rejection Reason Codes mean?
- What does Beyond Routing Map mean?