DOCLINE -- Reporting Limited Retention Holdings
Question: How do I report limited retention holdings?
- From the DOCLINE main menu, select Serial Holdings.
- Select Update/View.
- On the Serial Holdings Update/View Search page, input either: Journal Title/Title Abbreviation, NLM Unique ID, ISSN, or OCLC Number for the serial to be added.
- Under Filters, make sure the checkbox for My Library is selected.
- Click SEARCH.
- If more than one serial title is displayed, select the appropriate bibliographic title.
- If your library has no recorded holdings for this title, the serial holdings record displays with an Add button.
- If previously reported, an ADD FORMAT button displays as well as Edit button(s) for previously reported format(s).
- Click Add.
- Choose appropriate physical Format.
- For Retention Policy, select Limited Period Only.
- Input the Latest number of units held. Numbers can be any whole number greater than 0.
- Select the type of unit held: Month, Year, or Edition.
- Click SAVE.
- Related Questions:
- How do I add a holdings record for my library?
- How do I add an additional holdings record for holdings in a different physical format?
- How can I change the bibliographic data (publication dates, title, etc.) listed with a DOCLINE Serial Holdings record?
- How do I delete a holdings record for my library?