FAQ: Cataloging and Bibliographic Questions
- What kinds of authority records will I find in LocatorPlus®?
- How do I search for authority records in LocatorPlus?
- How do I download NLM authority records in MARC 21 format?
- Which MARC fields are displayed in the Authority Details results in LocatorPlus?
- Why do older forms of headings appear in authority records in LocatorPlus?
- What information is contained in $8 and $0 fields ?
- What information is contained in the 9XX fields of an NLM authority record in an NLM authority record?
- Why does NLM have the 950 (95x) subject heading field tags in its LocatorPlus records?
- Where do I find the latest edition of the NLM Classification?
- Has NLM added or changed any NLM classification numbers since the last edition of the NLM classification scheme?
- Why are NLM's LocatorPlus subject headings different from NLM's subject headings found in OCLC records?
- Why did NLM decide to output its subject headings in the conventional string?
- How does NLM handle titles issued in multiple formats?
- How does NLM use the single record approach in cataloging serials?
- Why doesn't the LocatorPlus record for a journal list all the sources that index that journal?
- I found a mistake in LocatorPlus. Where do I send a correction?
Return to top
- How do I identify CIP (Cataloging-in-Publication) records in NLM LocatorPlus?
- How can I find out what classification number NLM has assigned to a book which is a CIP (Cataloging-in-Publication)?
- What kinds of bibliographic records will I find in NLM LocatorPlus?
- I am a co-editor of an item in LocatorPlus, but I cannot find it when searching for my name. Why?
- I am not finding items I know are in the catalog when I use the Limit command to limit by a particular language. Why?
- When I do a search in LocatorPlus, exactly which MARC fields are being searched?
- When I do a search in LocatorPlus and choose an individual record, there are different displays. Which MARC fields are displayed for the Holdings and Details displays?
- What non-Roman character sets are available through LocatorPlus?
- Does NLM have a Z39.50 server for retrieving bibliographic records from LocatorPlus?
- In LocatorPlus, how many records can I e-mail to myself, print or download to a disk at one time?
- How do I download MARC records that contain non-Roman characters?
- Is it possible to print, save, and e-mail LocatorPlus records that include non-Roman characters?
- How do I download NLM bibliographic records in MARC 21 format from LocatorPlus?