FAQ: ClinicalTrials.gov Questions
- General Information
- What is ClinicalTrials.gov?
- How do I sign up for a clinical trial listed on ClinicalTrials.gov?
- Does ClinicalTrials.gov provide advice for specific medical conditions?
- What makes ClinicalTrials.gov different from other clinical trials resources?
- How is study information submitted for listing on ClinicalTrials.gov?
- How do I link to ClinicalTrials.gov from my Web site?
- Can ClinicalTrials.gov link to my Web site?
- How can I find the results of a clinical trial?
- How do I cite a study from ClinicalTrials.gov?
- How do I access ClinicalTrials.gov and is there a charge?
- Is ClinicalTrials.gov accessible to users with disabilities?
Understanding Clinical Trials
- What is a clinical trial?
- What is a protocol?
- What is "Expanded Access"?
- How do I find information on Expanded Access Studiesin ClinicalTrials.gov?
- What are clinical trial phases?
- What protections are there for participating in a clinical trial?
- What is informed consent?
- Who can participate in a clinical trial?
- Who sponsors clinical trials and where do they take place?
- What are the benefits and risks of participating in a clinical trial?
- Can I leave a clinical trial after it has begun?
Return to top
Searching the System
- How do I search and use ClinicalTrials.gov?
- How do I find studies on a particular disease or condition, using specific treatments, or near my home?
- Do I need to know medical terminology to search ClinicalTrials.gov?
- What kind of information is available for each study?
- How many studies are in ClinicalTrials.gov and which diseases are represented?
- Can I get in contact directly with the sponsor of the study?
- Who submits information on the clinical studies and what review takes place before information is posted on ClinicalTrials.gov?
- Are CancerNet/PDQ trials, or other NIH clinical study databases contained in ClinicalTrials.gov?
Background and Troubleshooting
- Where can I find information on how ClinicalTrials.gov was built?
- What is the Food and Drug Administration Modernization Act (FDAMA)?
- How do I report errors in ClinicalTrials.gov?