Creating a List of Current or Previously Indexed MEDLINE® Journals or PubMed Central® (PMC) Journals by Subject or Subset
You can use the NLM Broad Subject Terms for Indexed Journals list to do an NLM Catalog search that creates lists of MEDLINE journals by subject and subset.
- Click a subject.
- On the Results page, click Send to.
- Select File as the destination, Summary (text) as the format, and a Sort by preference.
- Click Create file.
- You will get a File Download pop-up box. Click Save.
- Save your file as a document.
Use the NLM Catalog Limits to create nursing, dental, consumer health, or other journal subset lists:
- Start at the NLM Catalog homepage.
- Click Limits under the search box.
- Under Journal Subsets, select Journals currently indexed in MEDLINE or scroll down to Other Subsets for Currently Indexed Journals to select:
- Consumer health journals
- Core clinical journals (AIM)
- Dental journal
- Nursing journals*
- PubMed® journals
- MEDLINE (currently indexed) journals
- MEDLINE (currently or previously indexed in journals)
- PubMed Central (PMC) journals
- PubMed Central forthcoming journals
- Click Search.
- Follow the first list of instructions above for #2 - #6 to create a file.
* An historical note about nursing journals: A list under "Publications Indexed--Nursing Publications" is in the front of the (print) International Nursing Index (INI) published by the American Journal of Nursing, vol. 1, 1966 through v. 35, 2000. The list identifies nursing journals indexed in MEDLINE for the years this index was produced. Contact or visit a library with the printed INI for information about obtaining this list.
- How do I find a list of current MEDLINE® journals by Country of Publication or Language?
- Abridged Index Medicus (AIM or "Core Clinical") Journal Titles