FAQ: Medical Devices, Medical Supplies, & Assistive Devices
Question: Where can I find information about medical devices, medical supplies, and assistive devices?
These resources will help you find information about medical devices, medical supplies, and assistive devices:
- MedlinePlus® Medical Device Safety topic page,
- MedlinePlus Assistive Devices topic page,
- MEDLINE/PubMed database for references to articles discussing devices or supplies,
- Medical Devices information from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) , and
- Science.gov topic: Medical Devices.
Other possible information sources are:
- Your local public, hospital, or university library may have information. Examples of library resources are:
- Health Devices Sourcebook,
- Health Industry Buyers’ Guide, and
- Medical Device Register (US and International editions).
- Your health care provider.
- A pharmacy.
- A phone book or the Web under "Home Health Care Equipment and Supplies," "Medical Equipment and Supplies," or the type of item, such as "Wheelchairs".
NLM is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites. NLM does not endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these sites.