FAQ: Former Databases
The following NLM products no longer exist. See recommendations below for finding their content:
- AIDSDRUGS is replaced by AIDSinfo® Drug Database and HIV/AIDS Information Treatment: Drugs.
- AIDSLINE® journal citations are in MEDLINE®. Use PubMed® and limit to the AIDS subset.
- AIDSTRIALS HIV/AIDS trial information is in AIDSinfo Clinical Trials and ClinicalTrials.gov.
- AVLINE® records are in LocatorPlus®. Set limits for Medium/Format before searching. Or, use the NLM Catalog.
- BIOETHICSLINE® journal citations are in MEDLINE. Use PubMed. Monograph data (technical reports, books, book chapters) are in LocatorPlus. A Bioethics Subset search strategy is available in PubMed. Bioethics-related non-Index Medicus journals and other material (book chapters, bills, laws, court decisions, reports, books, audiovisuals, and news articles indexed by Kennedy Institute of Ethics) are in EthxWeb.
- CATLINE® records are in LocatorPlus. Set limits for Medium/Format before searching. Or, use the NLM Catalog to search for monographs.
- HealthSTAR journal citations are in MEDLINE. Use PubMed. Monographic data (technical reports, books, and book chapters) are in LocatorPlus.
- HISTLINE® journal citations are in MEDLINE. Use PubMed. Monographic data merged into LocatorPlus.
- Internet Grateful Med (IGM) was replaced by PubMed.
- Journals database records are in LocatorPlus; set limits for Medium/Format before searching. Or, use the NLM Catalog to search for NLM journal holdings.
- Locator became LocatorPlus when multiple databases merged with Locator.
- Multiple Congenital Anomaly/Mental Retardation (MCA/MR) Syndromes content is in the NLM Archives because the data is not maintained. See Congenital Syndromes Database Closed for background information.
- NLM Gateway transitioned to a pilot project featuring Meeting Abstracts. NLM databases formerly searched by the NLM Gateway are available as separate resources.
- OLDMEDLINE journal citations are in MEDLINE. Use PubMed.
- POPLINE® is maintained by the K4Health (Knowledge 4 Health) project at the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs. POPLINE records for journal articles 1980 through 2000 are in MEDLINE/PubMed. Monographic data from POPLINE during this period is in LocatorPlus.
- SERLINE® records are in LocatorPlus; set limits for Medium/Format before searching. Or, use the NLM Catalog to search for NLM serials holdings.
- SPACELINE journal article records are in PubMed. Monographic data from the database merged into LocatorPlus.
Some additional sources of information about the database changes, PubMed, or the NLM Gateway are:
- Number of Titles Currently Indexed for Index Medicus® and Medline on PubMed
- FAQ: PubMed®
- Fact Sheet PubMed®: MEDLINE® Retrieval on the World Wide Web