About the National Library of Medicine's Web Site
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) published its first Web site (www.nlm.nih.gov) in October of 1993 and was one of the first U.S. federal Web sites. We released new looks for the site in 1996, 1999, 2004, and 2011.
The NLM Main Web site includes Web pages covering a vast array of NLM products and services. Selected highlights include:
- NLM News
- FAQs - NLM Support Center
- History of Medicine
- Online Exhibitions
- Visitor and Researcher Information
- Careers @ NLM
- Online training resources such as the PubMed Tutorial
- Documentation supporting NLM resources and services
- Links to NLM's many social media outlets, such as Facebook and Twitter
Many other Web resources are available from NLM. For a full list, visit NLM Products and Services.
As a U.S. Government Web site, we do not host advertisements. This Web site is coordinated by the staff of the U.S. National Library of Medicine, under the direction of its Director.
Last Reviewed: October 3, 2019