Associate Fellowship Program for Librarians
The National Library of Medicine Associate Fellowship Program is a one-year postgraduate training fellowship at the NLM in Bethesda, Maryland, with an optional second year program component. The program is designed to provide a broad foundation in health sciences information services, and to prepare librarians for future leadership roles in health sciences libraries and in health services research.
During the program, Associates will:
- Learn about the collections, databases, terminologies, research and development, training, outreach, and exhibits that comprise the work and achievements of the National Library of Medicine
- Understand strategic planning and development at a national level
- Work on real-life projects that affect libraries and users throughout the country
- Join a dynamic and successful cohort of alumni
- Attend professional development conferences and seminars