LinkOut for Libraries - FAQ - Localizing PubMed: Answers
Omitting default icons may deprive users of access to materials. Additionally, users may inadvertently deprive others of access by sharing the URL you provide to them. The decision to omit default icons should be made with special care and should be discussed with library staff.
Yes. To change your library's Display Name:
- Sign into the Library Submission Utility, available here.
- Click Library Info and then click the Edit button
- In the Display Name field type in the name that you would like to appear on the My NCBI library filter.
- Click the Save button when you are done.
Remember changes made in the Library Submission Utility will appear in PubMed after 48 hours or two business days.
Yes. To set up a custom filter that combines your library holdings with free full text articles:
- Sign into the library shared My NCBI account
- Click Search Filters on the left
- Select PubMed
- Click the Custom Filters tab
- Click Create New Custom Filter
- In The Name field enter a heading for the custom filter
- In the Search field enter:
loprovNameAbbr[Filter] OR free full text [sb]
Replace NameAbbr with your library's LinkOut User Name
- Click Save Filter
- After creating the filter, select it from the Custom Filters tab