Automatic Term Mapping (continued): Subjects
Again, PubMed first looks for a match for your search as a subject. For this it uses the MeSH Translation Table. This table contains:
- MeSH Headings
- Publication Types
- Entry Term mappings (also known as synonyms) for MeSH terms
- Mappings derived from the Unified Medical Language System® (UMLS®)
- Supplementary Concepts and synonyms to the Supplementary Concepts
1. If the term acoustic microscopy is searched, PubMed will find a match for this in the MeSH Translation table.
2. Acoustic microscopy is a synonym for the MeSH term, Microscopy, Acoustic.
3. PubMed will search using the MeSH term as well as the term originally entered. In addition, both the entered term and the "mapped to" MeSH term will also be searched in All Fields.