MeSH Database (continued)
Go to the Full display for a MeSH term by clicking on the term.
The Full display includes more information about the MeSH term including:
- the year the term was introduced
- subheadings selections
- The subheading list includes those paired at least once with the heading in MEDLINE and may not reflect current rules for allowable combinations.
- Click on the Subheadings link to see a list of subheading definitions.
- a checkbox to restrict the term to the MeSH Major Topic and a checkbox to not include MeSH terms found below this term in the MeSH hierarchy (i.e., turn off MeSH explosions).
- Entry Terms (synonyms) are provided.
- The MeSH tree structure with the browsed term in bold typeface.
The video illustrates the directions that are on this page.
This video can be seen directly at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/disted/pubmedtutorial/videos/020_505.mp4
Last Reviewed: August 24, 2018