NIH Public Access and NIH Manuscript Submission Useful Resources & Tools
This page provides information and training resources in support of the NIH Public Access policy. This policy ensures that the public has access to the published results of NIH funded research to help advance science and improve human health.
NIH Public Access Web Site (//publicaccess.nih.gov)
Provides policy details; specific information for NIH employees; frequently asked questions; training materials and articles; description of the various submission methods; and journal lists
NIH Manuscript Submission System (//www.nihms.nih.gov)
Provides frequently asked questions; tutorials on the submission system; link to a Grant Lookup Tool
PMID : PMCID Converter tool (//www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/pmctopmid)
Translates PubMed Identifiers (PMID) to PMC Identifiers (PMCID) or vice versa.
- Related NLM Technical Bulletin articles and Training Materials:
- Skill Kit: PubMed Central®ID and PubMed®. NLM Tech Bull. 2008 Sep-Oct;(364):e6.
- Skill Kit: NIH Manuscript Submission System - Get the Help You Need. NLM Tech Bull. 2008 Jan-Feb;(360):e6.
- My NCBI: Managing Compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy Using My Bibliography. NLM Tech Bull. 2010 Jan-Feb;(372):e8.
- PubMed Central® Releases New Search Option for Embargoed Articles. NLM Tech Bull. 2009 Sep-Oct;(370):e8.
- NIH Public Access Update: Clarifying Use of the NIH Manuscript Submission Reference Number (NIHMSID). NLM Tech Bull. 2009 Jul-Aug;(369):e7.
- Coming Soon to My NCBI: New Features, New Navigation, and My Bibliography. NLM Tech Bull. 2008 Sep-Oct;(364):e4.
(See My Bibliography and Other Citations section of this article.)
- NIH Manuscript Submission Tutorials
- Video: Submitting an Article to PubMed Central (Windows Media Player required)*
- Video: Approving Submission of an Article to PubMed Central (Windows Media Player required)*
- *Note: See the NIHSeniorHealth Video Help for instructions about turning on captioning in Windows Media Player.