Technical Information Specialist - Clinical Trials
The following position will be posted to USAJobs.gov from Monday, September 13, 2021 until Friday, September 17, 2021.
The National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) is seeking to hire individuals for a Technical Information Specialist position. NLM is one of the 27 Institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), part of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
- Develop and maintain the ClinicalTrials.gov RRS (Protocol Registration and Results System) account requests.
- Manage and maintain the ClinicalTrials.gov public webpages; serving as the public resource for education of data.
- Write specifications for educational tools, including updates to the public ClinicalTrials.gov Guided tutorials, PRS User's Guide, and similar information by utilizing tools such as ForeSee Voice of the Customer, Qualtrics or Google Analytics.
- Monitor incoming data from users and identify satisfaction or when new types of content are necessary.
- Work with programming and customer service staff and leadership to develop policies through new Question and Answers, and communicates via web updates and e-communication bulletins to keep users apprised of new database features.
- Maintain Catalog or the ClincalTrials.gov public webpages of information that support the database structure and record display formats.
- Be responsible for the quality and completeness of the ClinicalTrials.gov resource and perform quality analysis on the database and/or public webpages.
- Analyze and identify the cause of any problem and determine the necessary corrective actions. Make the correction either directly or with the assistance of customer service, policy staff or leadership.
Technical Information Specialist - Clinical Trials (DE) Job Announcement (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613640300) DE stands for Delegated Examining. You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply. Typically candidates who are entering Federeal Service for the first time form the private sector will need to apply for delegeted examining positions.Technical Information Specialist - Clinical Trials (MP) Job Announcement (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613645100) MP stands for Merit Promotion. You must be a current or former federal employee eligible to apply under merit promotion procedures or otherwise be eligible as a status applicant (e.g. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act).
When in doubt, apply for both positions. Please contact Lisa Stevens (STEVENSLI@mail.nih.gov) with questions about the position.
Last Reviewed: September 13, 2021