DOCLINE 2.8 - Action Items
DOCLINE 2.8 introduces several enhancements to our users. In order to best utilize these features, please review the following list of suggested action items for libraries now that DOCLINE 2.8 is available. Click Help in the DOCLINE menu to access the updated online manual. Click FAQ to view the updated Frequently Asked Questions.
- Please verify that your LinkOut Name Abbreviation is listed and is correct. Go to Institutions / Update / Membership. If the value is incorrect, send us a message with the correct Name Abbreviation via the Contact Us "Report a Problem" form. In the next release of DOCLINE, this information will be used to display your LinkOut holdings during Borrow.
Note: For your LIBID to display, you must participate in the LinkOut-SERHOLD program to display your print holdings in LinkOut. See the LinkOut instructions at: //www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv.fcgi?rid=helplinkout.section.lib.Managing_Your_Print_#lib.LinkOutSERHOLD
- DOCLINE receives updates from LinkOut nightly, so libraries joining this program would see their LIBID the following work day.
Loansome Doc Libraries:
- Decide if your library will utilize the new authorization code which will force patrons to enter the value during registration. If your library had previously set the "Contact Library Prior to Registration" value to "Yes", then the authorization code is active with DOCLINE 2.8.
- Libraries that had previously set the "Contact Library Prior to Registration" value to "Yes" will have their authorization code populated with their LIBID. Libraries can modify the authorization code at any time. When deciding on a new authorization code, please remember that you will need to communicate this code to patrons who will then have to successfully type it during registration. See images below:
Institution record update: //www.nlm.nih.gov/docline/release_note_images/v2_8/inst_auth_code.jpg
LD patron registration: //www.nlm.nih.gov/docline/release_note_images/v2_8/reg_auth.jpg
- If you wish to remove an unauthorized patron from your search results in Loansome Doc Patron Admin, select the new "Remove patron from my library's list of patrons" checkbox on the user's record. Once you update the record, you will no longer have access to the patron's user account so be sure you've resolved any outstanding bills or requests.
Trouble seeing the screenshots? If the screenshots appear fuzzy to you, your browser may be configured to automatically resize the image to fit your browser window. If you have a large monitor, you can maximize the window to see the image full size. Firefox users should see their cursor turn into a zoom tool which they can click on the image to allow them to see the image full size. Internet Explorer users should place their cursor in the bottom right hand corner of the DOCLINE image. A square orange button should appear - click on the button to see the image full size.