DOCLINE® 2.6 Release Notes (November 1, 2005)
ISO ILL functionality removed effective 1/25/07 - See Does DOCLINE Support the ISO ILL Protocol?
DOCLINE 2.6 gives libraries using <Atlas-ILLiad, RLG's ILL Manager, Relais International, or Fretwell-Downing's VDX (Virtual Document eXchange) ILL management software the option to use the ISO ILL Protocol to communicate between their ILL management software and DOCLINE. See details below.
- Borrow: Requests routed to ISO libraries will be automatically received.
- Receipts: If the borrowing library is an ISO library, the DOCLINE receipt will include an ISO transaction number: “ISO Borrower Ref # 1230” (for example).
- Help screens and ISO ILL FAQs were added or modified for all new features or changes to DOCLINE 2.6.
ISO ILL Protocol
For Libraries using Atlas-ILLiad, RLG's ILL Manager, Relais International, or Fretwell-Downing's VDX (Virtual Document eXchange) ILL management software, libraries can choose to use the ISO ILL Protocol to communicate between their ILL management software and DOCLINE 2.6. These libraries will use the DOCLINE interface to update their institution record and search institutions, view the current status of requests and view the routing history, update and search serial holdings, or view DOCLINE reports. See the FAQ "What issues should my library consider when deciding whether to use the Protocol with DOCLINE?"
- Borrowing requests are sent directly from the ISO vendor client server to the DOCLINE server for processing and routing. DOCLINE does not need to be open to send requests.
- All patron administration and request management, such as unfilled and overdue processing, can be done from the ILL vendor client.
- Lending requests arrive in the ISO vendor client system automatically receipted in DOCLINE. DOCLINE does not need to be open to receive or complete requests. DOCLINE will send alerts to the ISO vendor client system for requests that have not been acted upon or have expired. Note: The same rules for action on requests apply. See the FAQ How does “Time-triggered Actions” work?
- ISO Libraries will have an "ISO Status" screen to view the current status of pending requests and to view the routing history of their requests.