Free Biomedical Literature Resources
Free Articles via PubMed
Search citations to biomedical and life sciences articles dating from the 1950s to the present at http://pubmed.gov.
- Free full-text articles are available for selected PubMed citations. See a description of PubMed icons that indicate free text is available.
- See these instructions to restrict your PubMed search results to free articles.
- To search for free articles in PubMed by journal title, see this list of journals that provide some freely available full text via PubMed. Click on the links for a journal by year to search PubMed for free full text articles for the year and journal selected. For more information about the LinkOut program, see: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/linkout/doc/linkout.html
PubMed Central (PMC)
PubMed Central is a growing digital archive of free biomedical and life sciences journal literature developed by NLM. To access free full-text articles, go to http://pubmedcentral.gov.
The Bookshelf is a growing collection of biomedical books that can be searched and read online.
- Open access journals are available from the following sources:
See more information on Open Access.
- Highwire Press has an archive of free full-text science articles.
- Your local medical library can also provide assistance with identifying and locating useful information free of charge.